Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Olive Garden Salad & Dressing Copycat Recipe


I LOVE Olive Garden for their salad, breaksticks and fettucini alfredo. Have you ever tried re-heating the fettucini alfredo leftovers tho, nasty and oily. I have posted in previous blog an amazing alfredo sauce recipe (found in a weighht watches cookbook).

I was making a pasta dish this night and knew my husband (whom HATES pasta dishes) would love this. I didn't show him the ingredients though because of the corn syrup. He LOVED it though and I kept the ingredients a secret.

OLIVE GARDEN SALAD AND DRESSING
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 tsp. vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. corn syrup (I used light)
2 Tbsp. Romano cheese
1 garlic clove minced
1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Sugar (optional)**Taste before adding the sugar...or add a little more mayo to change the taste.
1 bag American blend Dole salad (I used a head of lettuce, torn into pieces)
4 sliced rings of Purple onion (halved)
8 jumbo Black olives (pitted) I did not add these
6 Banana peppers (pepperoncini)
1/2 cup croutons (didn't add this either)
2 Roma tomatoes (quartered)
Parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
Pepper corns (freshly ground)

No comments:

Post a Comment