Search This Blog

Monday, October 19, 2009

One skillet meal (ground hamburger/turkey/bison)


So it has been a super long time since I have gotten on here to post a recipe. I have been cooking but it has been a little different. We started eating a Clean Diet (recently) and trying to find recipes is a little harder.

Tonights menu was totally just thrown together. I had 1 lb. of ground bison in the fridge and had to come up with something; so I did.

Ingredients included:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb. ground bison
1 bell pepper; diced
1 onion; diced
2 cloves garlic; minced
2 can diced tomatoes with chilies
2 cups cooked brown rice

I first started with olive oil and saute garlic for about 2 minutes on med. heat. Add your ground bison, turkey or even hamburger. Once that is almost cooked all the way thru, add chopped bell peppers and onions. Cook till those are tender and then add your 2 cans of chopped tomatoes with chilies. The tomatoes and chilies add the spice. Then you will add the cooked rice, stir and heat thru for about 5 minutes. Then pepper and salt to taste.

I thought this was really good. Reminded me of like unstuffed peppers or like dirty rice. I am so glad there were left overs so I can have it for lunch tomorrow.

More recipes to come....I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment