Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

French Breakfast Puffs


Long time no post. I have been cooking/baking and taking the pictures to post, but never made the time to post it all. So I am back on it. Im going through the pictures I have and find the recipe that goes with it. Some are good and some are just Ok. I found this French Breakfast Puff recipe on My Tasty Treasures site and had to make them. Mine don't look as pretty as her's and I think they needed a little more work on my end. I wasn't overly excited at the taste and having to dip/brush butter on them to get the cinn/sugar to stick. I think a few more times making and it could be perfected on my end.

French Breakfast Puffs

3 cups flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup sugar
⅔ cup shortening-crisco
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 ½ cups sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
2 sticks butter
Directions

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease12 muffin cups.
Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, cream together 1 cup sugar and shortening. Add eggs and mix. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to creamed mixture. Beat well after each addition.
Fill prepared muffin cups ⅔ full. Bake at 350 for 20–25 minutes. Do Not Overbake.
In bowl melt 2 sticks butter. In a separate bowl combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip baked muffins in butter. Let it soak a sec. Then roll in cinnaomon sugar mixture, coating well. I then recoat after all muffins were coated once!

No comments:

Post a Comment