Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

KFC Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe *KFC Fake-Out*


My daughter loves biscuits (she hides her chicken in it to eat), so I found this recipe and had to try it (she also loves KFC biscuits). This recipe turned out great and will definitely make again to add to our dinner.

KFC Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
6 Tbsp lard
3/4 cup buttermilk

Sift the dry ingredients in a large bowl and cut in the lard with a pastry cutter or with two knives until a coarse texture is obtained. Add buttermilkand knead lightly but thoroughly. the dough should be soft but not sticky; if it is, add a little more flour. Knead for 1 minute, wrap in foil or wax paper and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Roll out the dough 1/2 inch thick on a lightly floured surface and cut with a biscuit cutter. Use a drinking glass if you don't have a biscuit cutter. Transfer biscuits to a dark baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! You're posting recipes again :) All your new ones look great. Your puffs looked just as good as Donna's. Isn't it hard to take pictures of food? Which one of these biscuit recipes do you think were the best? I'm not a good biscuit maker (I like to think I just haven't tried a good recipe!) and usual buy the frozen ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the KFC or even the Cracker Barrel recipe over the fluffy ones but I will keep trying a few others every now and then. Im trying to stay away from prepackaged items. Dustin is wanting me to make coloful (meaning lots of veggies) healthy meals and using lots of organic items. Organic is so expensive so I save that for the milk and some meats but can't do that so much on all the veggies and fruit. I need to try making the Duggar rolls again, they look like the ones we had in school and I LOVED those.

    ReplyDelete