Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Chili's Chicken Crispers with Honey Mustard Dressing


Ok, I am a big fan of the chicken crispers at Chili's and when I found this copycat recipe I was all over it. I also knew my kids would love it as well so it was a must try.

Chili's Chicken Crispers

Dressing:
2/3 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Honey
2 TBSP Dijon Mustard
Pinch of Paprika
Pinch of Salt

Batter:
1 Egg, beaten
1/4 cup Whole Milk
3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
1-1/2 Tsp. salt
1/2 Tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1 Cup self-rising flour
6-10 cups shortening or vegetable oil (amount required for fryer)
10 Chicken Tenderloins
1/2 Cup flour

Dressing:
Combine mayo, honey, dijon mustard, paprika and salt in a small bow. Cover and chill until needed.

Heat shortening or oil in fryer to 350 degrees F.

Batter:
Combine beaten egg, milk, chicken broth, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk to dissolve salt. Whisk in 1 cup self-rising flour. Let batter sit for 5 minutes.

Coat chicken pieces with dry flour, then dip chicken into batter. Allow excess batter to drip off, then place battered chicken into the hot oil and fry for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.

Do not overload fryer. Fry 3-4 pieces at a time.
Drain fried chicken strips on paper towels.
Serve with the honey mustard dressing on the side for dipping.

*Note* When you place the strips in the fryer (my fryer has a basket), let it fry for a minute and then use a pair of metal tongs and make sure the chicken is not stuck to the basket. I learned the hard way and let the chicken set in the basket and then added it to the fryer and all 3 pieces stuck (I still ate them tho). I also decided to make some extra's for another day. I battered the chicken and then put them on a wax paper lined pan and put them in the freezer. I will add them to a closure bag and then it will be just like the store bought chicken strips.

So the results are in; the kids loved them as did I. I was not going to eat these for dinner but I tasted the once that were stuck with the dressing and I fell in love. It helps that I love honey mustard dressing. They were so good and I will be making these lots more for the kids.

1 comment:

  1. Stopped by to say Hi from Heidis blog. Great recipe you have here. My kids would enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete