Search This Blog

Monday, May 4, 2009

Pepper Steak


My husband loves Peppersteak so I finally made it for dinner. Everyone loved it and it is pretty simple to make. I did leave out the gravy, peppers and onions for the kids' plates.

Pepper Steak

1 Large round steak, cubed
1 Large green pepper, diced
1 Large onion, diced
3-4 Packages brown gravy mix
3 cups instant rice

In a large 2 quart pan, brown beef. Then add water to cover beef and continue cooking 1-1 1/2 hours or until tender. Add water as needed. When beef is tender; let water cook down. Add onions and peppers. In a saucepan, make gravy according to package directions. When gravy is think add to the beef mixture and continue to simmer. Make rice according to package directions. Makes 6-8 servings.

Add rice to plate and top with beef mixture; enjoy:)

I don't really follow the recipe. I get a package of meat, I cut up the peppers in onions into strips and use about 2-3 peppers and a full onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment