Search This Blog

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Easter Bird Nest treats


So tomorrow is Easter so it was time to bring out some festive treats. I seen this recipe in a magazine but once I went back to find it to make it, I couldn't. Instead, I just made them from another rice krispie treat recipe. I "borrowed" this recipe from Tried-and-True Cooking with Heidi. The name of the recipe is "Old-School Peanut Butter Squares". I loved rice krispies when I was in school so knew I would love them; and I DID.

OLD-SCHOOL PEANUT BUTTER SQUARES

1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
5 cups crisp rice cereal (puffed rice)

Combine corn syrup and sugar in medium saucepan. Stir until well blended and cook on medium heat until boiling, stirring occasionally. Let boil for about 30 seconds and remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and mix well until well blended. Stir in cereal and mix until blended. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Lightly spray hands with cooking spray and then press mixture into pan. Cool and then cut into squares.

Obviously we changed a few things. Instead of putting them into a pan, we shaped them into bird's nests and put in M&M's as bird eggs. We also shaped some into eggs and will decorate them tomorrow (will post a picture of those later).

No comments:

Post a Comment