Search This Blog

Friday, April 17, 2009

Italian Beef



I seen this recipe and knew I had to try it. I also knew it wouldn't taste ANYTHING like the Italian Beef that we get from Portillo's in Chicago but I had to see what it would taste like. My husband made his typical comment...good luck. After making it I thought it was good and spicy from the peppercini's but the kid's don't like the roast. Our kids taste with their eyes and if it doesn't look good, they don't wanna try it. I put it on a wheat hoagie but I think it would taste great as a roast with potatoes and such. Here goes the recipe (I found this recipe on Delectable Dining).

Italian Beef

Chuck Roast
1 jar mild pepperocini slices
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 green pepper, sliced
1 large can muchrrom pieces
1/2 chopped onion
chopped garlic to taste

Put all ingredients in the crock pot on low. (Do not drain the mushroom pieces or the pepperocinis. You want this liquid to cook the beef in.) After 8 hours, shred the meat with two forks. Continue cooking. Serve on sturdy rolls.

Things I changed; I didn't add the mushrooms. I also cooked this in my saladmaster pans and only had to cook it for 4 hours instead of the 8 that it called for. It shredded nicely and was tender.

Another note: My husband just woke up from his nap and tried the beef and said he really liked it. We just didn't care a whole lot for it on the wheat hoagie.

I will definitely make this again :P

No comments:

Post a Comment