Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Enchilada Chicken



I have been on a Mexican themed dinner mood apparently. I wasn't for sure about this recipe but Wow, it was amazing chicken. I found this recipe out of the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook. I didn't use the same seasoning on my kids chicken or sauce so I don't know if they would have liked it but my husband sure did, that's a winner.

Enchilada Chicken
4 (4 oz) trimmed boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp. salt-free Mexican or Southwest seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipolte)
4 tbsp. medium, mild or hot enchilada sauce
2 oz. (1 cup) finely shredded Cabot's 75% Light Cheddar Cheese (I used whatever was on hand)
2 tbsp. finely chopped cilantro

Preheat over to 350. Season each chicken breast evenly on all sides with the seasoning.

Place a large over proof nonstick skillet over high heat. When hot, lightly mist with the olive oil spray and add the chicken. Cook, turning once, for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or just until the chicken is golden brown on both sides (I find myself cooking for longer than that so the chicken doesn't take as long in the oven).

Remove the pan from the heat and top each chicken breast with 1 tbsp. of the enchilada sauce, followed by one-fourth of the cheese and one-fourth of the cilantro. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 4-6 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside and the cheese is melted.

Per serving: 162 calories, 31 g protein, 1 g carbohydrates, 3 g fat (1 g saturated), 71 mg cholesterol, trace fiber, 230 mg sodium.

I will be making this chicken often cause it will not disappoint. It paired great with the rice I made as well....recipe to follow.

1 comment:

  1. I'm always on a mexican kick!!! Looks really yummy. I have everything for this so I need to make it.

    ReplyDelete