Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Tangy Carrot Coins


I have been skimming through my Taste of Home cookbook (2000 edition) and found this recipe. I was just going to steam the carrots and then remembered finding it and I am glad I did. The carrots had a great taste.

Tangy Carrot Coins
1 pound carrots, sliced (I used baby carrots and cut into 3rds)
3 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp salt

Place carrots in a saucepan. Add 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Add the butter, brown sugar, Dijon mustard and salt; cook and stir over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and carrots are coated. Yield: 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment