Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Old-School Peanut Butter Squares


I originally posted these last year for Easter when I made Bird's Nest Treats. Katrina had been after me for a week or so to make them again for her school lunches. So after dinner and the clean up, I whipped these together. Literally, i whipped them. I asked Katrina to help me but I had them done by the time she came into the kitchen. I have already eaten 2 of them too. So good and reminds me of the one's we had at school. Thanks to Tried-and-True Cooking with Heidi for sharing this recipe with us on her blogspot.

OLD-SCHOOL PEANUT BUTTER SQUARES

1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
5 cups crisp rice cereal (puffed rice)

Combine corn syrup and sugar in medium saucepan. Stir until well blended and cook on medium heat until boiling, stirring occasionally. Let boil for about 30 seconds and remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and mix well until well blended. Stir in cereal and mix until blended. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Lightly spray hands with cooking spray and then press mixture into pan. Cool and then cut into squares.

I cut them up and portioned 1/2 the pan into baggies for kids' lunches and the rest are for snack at home (minus the 2 I already ate).

No comments:

Post a Comment