Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

MVP Tex Mex Bake


Here is another recipe from coupon clipping in the Sunday paper. The picture made it look really good but my picture is awful. I was not in love with it but again, my husband really liked it and I believe our kids ate chicken nuggets.

MVP Tex Mex Bake

1 bag Success white rice
1 can (10 oz) diced tomatoes and green chilies
1 lb ground beef, browned (I used turkey)
4 cups tortilla chips, crushed
1 can (15 oz) seasoned pinto or chili beans
1 lb. pasteurized prepared cheese product, cut into cubes, divided
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
garnish with green onions and Wholly Guacamole when served

I think the cheese was what threw me off, I'm not a big fan of pasteurized cheese. Maybe adding some onions and bell peppers for some more pizazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment