Search This Blog

Monday, February 8, 2010

Slow-Cooker Salsa Chicken


Everyone loves their slow-cooker or crock pot and here is a great recipe just for that. I used my Saladmaster pan and it was done in only 2-3 hours (oops). This chicken was falling apart and was "Dustin" approved, he loved it.

Slow-Cooker Salso Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream

(I found this recipe on SparkPeople. I used all normal fat and sodium items)

Add chicken to slow cooker. Sprinkle chicken with taco seasoning. Pour salso and cream of mushroom soup over chicken (I mixed the two and then poured it over chicken). Cook on low 6-8 hours. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream (I omitted the sour cream).
Serve with rice.

That all seemed really easy and it was. After trying this chicken, I wanted to use it with noodles. Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment