Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Skillet Lasagna


I love lasagna but it seems like a pain to make. Once its out of the oven, you cut into it and try scooping it out onto a plate, it's a mess. I found the perfect recipe to let me enjoy it all again. Most of all, MY family enjoyed it.

Skillet Lasagna

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small onion
3 cloves garlic (minced)
1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
1-1/4 cup water
8 oz tomatoe sauce
1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
1 tsp dried basil leaves
1 tsp salt
2-1/2 cups broken up whole wheat lasagna noodles (I used regular)
1 cup fat free cottage cheese
1/4 cup fat free grated Parmesan cheese
Dash Basil and Pepper (optional)
1 egg
Shredded fat free mozzarella cheese for garnish

(As I am typing this up, I am realizing I forgot the egg. I dont know what it would have done, but it was amazing without the egg).

In a large skillet, brown beff with onions and garlic. Drain.
Add tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, parsley, basil, oregano, and salt.
Stir in uncooked pasta.
Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
Combine cottage cheese and parmesan cheese.
Mix in the egg.
Sprinkle in basil and pepper to taste.
Drop cheese mixture by rounded tablespoons onto pasta mixture.
Cover and cook for 5 minutes more.
Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and serve.

I have had this recipe for some time and just never made it. I am SO glad I did. It was simple, fast and delicious. Pairs well with garlic bread and salad.

2 comments:

  1. My skillet lasagna recipe is a little different than yours but I'll bet they are both equally as good! YUM :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try yours out. Is it on your page?

    ReplyDelete