Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Savory Stuffed Peppers


I love stuffed peppers and unstuffed peppers so this was a recipe I had to try. I had to change it up a little do to the fact I didn't have minute rice but it turned out good (my husband even ate it).

Savory Stuffed Peppers
4 large bell peppers
1 cup Minute Brown Rice, uncooked
2 Tbsp. Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic Salt-Free Seasoning Blend
1 lb. lean ground roung (I used ground turkey)
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 plain bread crumbs
1 jar (24 oz) low-sodium marinara sauce
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded

Remove tops and seeds from peppers. Place into a deep over-proof baking dish.
Combine Minute Brown Rice, Mrs. Dash Seasoning, beef, egg and bread crumbs in medium size bowl. Blend well. Stuff mixture into peppers.
Pour sauce over peppers and sprinkle with cheese. Cover dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until peppers are tender.

I didn't have minute rice so I had to find a way to get it all together. I cooked the peppers in water for about 5 minutes to get them tender. Then I combined meat, egg, seasoning and bread crumbs and cooked on stove top. After all done, I added the cooked rice then stuffed in peppers, topped with sauce and cheese. Put in over at 350 and cooked for just 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment